Kazed reviews: Transformers: Dark of The Moon (2011)
WOW. To be honest, I was a little hesitant to watch Transformers, because, well, I wanted to watch Bridesmaids. Yeah, DON'T JUDGE ME.
What I'm going to do today is something a little different, similar to what I did a while back with the High School Musical review
, only it'll be a little shorter, and I won't be watching it at the same time, and also it'll be a little less comprehensive than the HSM
When those credits rolled, I couldn't help but get angered at the thought that a third film was allowed to be made. DAMN YOU MICHAEL BAY. DAMN YOU TO HELL. There were a number of thoughts going through my head, I'll bullet them below(in no particular order), but keep in mind that I'm merely pointing out the things that I thought were really stupid.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was a HORRIBLE addition to the film. Purely and simply because she could not act. Megan Fox had at least an ounce of talent in her *cough*, and she could act a slight better than this new girl.
- Chemistry. There was none whatsoever between Shia LeBouf and Huntington-Whiteley's characters. Not only this, but there was no build-up for their relationship. One of the first scenes we see involves the two, and I had thought that Huntington-Whiteley(That's such a bitch to write) replaced Fox, but I soon learned that this was not the case. Slightly disappointed I was, when I heard her speak in an English accent.
- Like in Revenge of The Fallen, there were many times when I honestly for the life of me couldn't tell what was going on. Like in Fallen, there were times when the fight sequences between the Autobots and Decepticons seemed like a complete mess. Now don't get me wrong, the visuals in Transformers 3 far surpassed that of it's predecessor, but it still wasn't as good as it could have been. The level of detail in this on the CGI was great. I have no qualms about that. It was just during some of the fast-paced action scenes when it was a little too weldy(I just made a word up) for my liking.
- Now, I'm not too familiar with the older Transformers' series, but from what I gather about Megatron(You know, that evil robot guy who kills things), is that he wouldn't idly sit by if some British Battleaxe came and tried to meddle in his affairs. I'm almost certain that he would've killed her.
- The stupid little black cuts in the first half of the film. I mean, once or twice is okay, acceptable, whatever. But when you start using it like it's the end of the world, then it looks a little stupid. Maybe it's just the filmmaker in me, but that really got on my nerves.
- The small inconsistencies(I won't mention here because I'll be ruining the story) which really annoyed me as to how abruptly things 'ended'(if you catch my drift, those of you who have seen it), and how there were so many coincidences in the film which didn't lead to some much needed deaths.
I have a lot more, but it's now kinda late and I'm tired. I'm satisfied that I got some of it out, but I guess that's my quasi-review/rant of Transformers 3.
And also...wouldn't Dark SIDE of The Moon make more sense? Just sayin'.
You can follow me on Twitter on @kazed2010
What did YOU think? Comment below!